Saturday, November 6, 2010

Tutu's, and Glowsticks, and Neon, OH MY!

Well, I feel like I should blog before I get too behind...and it's not because I really want to, I would rather be sleeping right now.  So you people better appreciate this.  Well!  Thursday night was the "Study Abroad Society UV Rave Bar Crawl"...that's the longest name ever.  ANYWAY!  I had a lot of work to do so I wasn't going to go, but then I realized that even if I didn't go I still wouldn't get any work done, so I picked the social option.  Before that started my good friend Jessie and I went to hear Mike sing/play at Open Mic Night, and he was amazing (Which is why he won 1st place...ya know, no big deal).  But the other acts...(if any of you read this I'm sorry).  This one guy sang a song about a Scientist, Darwin actually...he got really angry and started screaming "Why are they still alive!?' I was scared...and confused...it was just not good...But anyway, after Mike sang Jess and I left to get to the bar crawl.  On the bus we had no idea exactly where we were going, so we just followed people similarly dressed in neon colors...it worked out!
  We get to the 2nd bar and it is insane.  There are shirtless men with paint all over their bodies, boys in tutu's, I'm still shocked at how well these people party...I've never seen anything like it.  We stayed there a few minutes then made our way to the next bar....and immediately onto the next one. 
  We get to the varsity, people start ordering the stoplights, and the fun really begins.  I owed Jess a drink, so I asked what she wanted, she said something strong, so she got tequila shots...What is stronger than that?    I just want to say that the music was AMAZING.  It was just like being in America again...I mean any DJ who plays Lil Wayne, Trey Songz, and Jason DeRulo is ok by me...in every sense of the word.  Needless to say there was a great deal of dancing happening...So much in fact I was a little sore yesterday...which hasn't happened since senior prom.  Things got intense.  lol.  At one point all of us were on a table dancing...and then Sarah tried to get down and consequently ended up on the floor...so I laughed at that...and I just remembered that at this moment, so you're welcome ;).  We danced into the night, and then this 40 year old creeper randomly made his way into the middle of the circle and kept trying to dance with all of the girls, and by with, I mean on all of the girls.  So Tory took one for the team and suggested he gtfo...which he didn't really understand, but I'm assuming he eventually got the picture.
  Shortly after that I left with Tam, Thandeka, and some of the boys who live in their house.  We got back to their house, I called one of the boys a dick, and he carried me to the house...I don't really remember why I called him that...but I was tired of walking, so it worked out!  We sat in Tam's house for a bit, then everyone went to bed.  On my way home I saw Tilman, Max, and Jen standing outside of Tilmans house (while Tilman was still wearing tights and a tutu) because he lost his key, so they were waiting on the subwarden...that poor man.
  I get home to a quiet house, then Jess pops up on Facebook slightly inebriated...ok, significantly inebriated wanting food.  So we ordered pizza while she skyped with one of her friends...and fell out of her desk chair a couple of times.  Between the two of us we ate large pizza's in about 20 minutes...and then I literally could not stay awake anymore...so it was bed time.  And that is how we do an SAS UV Rave Bar Crawl.

No comments:

Post a Comment