Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloweekend

Well, I wrote this one once...and then it deleted itself...so that was a load of crap.  But whatever.

Before I get to my Halloween adventures, I would like to point out that it is officially November, which means that I can officially start celebrating (aside from Tam's birthday!) CHRISTMAS! I am sooo excited, Christmas-Palooza here I come!  I'm torn though, because I cannot wait to be home, with my family and friends, and my christmas lights (coughdaddycough) and my christmas music.  It will be great.  But at the same time I cannot imagine not seeing my friends everyday.  I've officially been here for a month, and it still blows my mind that it's been that long, but in that month my friends have turned into my little family.  We have had our drama, and at times disliked each other, but we still have dinner every night at 5:30 (the university picked that time, we aren't senior citizens).  I seriously love these people and can't or don't want to imagine everyday life without them.  So I'm moving on before I turn into an emotional little girl.

So! Aside from my Christmas season starting, it was Halloween weekend this past weekend, I know you're all shocked.  But! In England...they celebrate Thursday-Monday.  My friends, being the overachievers that they are, decided to tackle all 5 nights.  Well...we'll get to that.  Queue Thursday night.  Everyone was super excited to get dressed up and go "Shake our tail feathers", if you will.  We had pre-drinks at my house...which is always fun.  We took pictures, played random music and finished getting ready.  By the time we all left pre-drinks, a few of my friends were a little tipsy, which is never a bad thing because it's quite entertaining.  We made friends with some random British girls on the bus.  One was dared to go sit on our friend Josh's lap, but wouldn't do it...I'm not sure why, he's a very nice boy.  But whatever!  So after we traipse through City Centre, we make it to the bar and go inside to shake what our momma's gave us (if you will).  The first thing I noticed was a drink called a stop light.  Basically, it was 3 bottles of VK vodka (Cherry, Apple, and Orange) all turned upside down into a pint glass and drank through a straw.  It certainly looked pretty, and people seemed to be enjoying it...I'm just glad it didn't get spilled on me, lets be honest.  I wish I could talk more about what happened that night, but a few of my friends have asked to never talk about that night again, so I'm going to respect that.  BUT!  Just to ease the curiousity.  After that night, most of my friends made it to the party at Allison's, then about 5 or 6 made it out to the club after...then the next night even fewer made it out...then last night I think maybe 3 people made it out...Maybe.  So, the moral of this story is, if you party right, you only have to do it 1 night a week!

I need to do homework....

No comments:

Post a Comment