Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Things are Friendlier Down Under

Well...it's been a fairly uneventful weekend.  It rained a lot, I stayed in a lot...trying not to be sick abroad is kind of a big deal but whatever.  Can I please just tell you how effing annoying it is to register for anything here?  Apparently, online registration is beyond anyone's realm of understanding, so you have to register an email address and then go to each different department and stand in line and wait to register...can we say absolutely ridiculous?  I realize that this sounds like a ridiculous thing to complain about...but they switch rooms without telling anyone and rarely have anything marked to begin with...so it's kind of like winning the lottery if you actually find where you're supposed to be.  Luckily, after 6 hours of waiting I finally got registered...so I WILL actually be going to school...contrary to what everyone may believe.
  Side note:  I had possibly the best sandwich I've ever had in my life.  Tory and I found them at the bar in the student center on campus...I had one about 4 hours ago and I could definitely eat another now...so if you ever come to visit!  That is where we will go...without a doubt.
  Now comes the part where I tell all of you how friendly Australian men are...Chelsey this is directed at you...go to Australia for foreign men.  In our group of friends we have a ton of girls, the gays (who we all love) and the straight Australian...who is kind of an ass but we love him nonetheless.  Well anyway...actually I'm not sure why I told you that, Dean isn't really connected to the friendly Australian I met today...ok new story!  So today I was with Tam, my bff from South Africa, registering for classes and we met this guy...who's name I can't remember (he really made an impression).  I didn't pay much attention to him because I really just wanted that awesome sandwich, so I went on about my business and I ran into him later while I was in line for registration.  We started talking about how I can't go to London to see Les Mis anytime soon because of the terrorist threats and whatnot and I mentioned how my mom told me to only speak French, and one of my phrases is "Embrassez-moi.  S'il vous plait" meaning, kiss me please...he took this as an invitation and went in...so I swatted him with my kindle.  I assumed most boys are scared of books.  So he left, and then I saw him again on the way home where he  invited me for a "cat nap" in his room.  Being that I have a boyfriend, I told him to hold his breath because I would be right over.  I hope you can all pick up the sarcasm dripping from my tone.  So Chelsey!  If you come visit me, I know exactly which demographic I will be hooking you up with.  Ok, I have to organize my schedule...because the University still hasn't figured it out.  Later!

1 comment:

  1. Oh also, I joined the Snowboarding club...that one is going to be awesome.

    ReplyDelete